...good teachers are priceless. They inspire you, they entertain you, and you end up learning a lot even when you don't know it.
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Parties, OH MY!

Today, I experienced my very first classroom party today! As soon as I walked into the building, a student ran up to present me with his homemade card. He was so proud of it! I received several Valentines from my class, which tickled me to no end. The student spent the day eating and Mrs. Carter and I spent the day cleaning up after them. It was so much fun, though.

I also had another very interesting experience this week. I was sitting at Mrs. Carter's desk, grading papers, minding my own business, when all of a sudden the door opened and a group of fifth graders began rolling tennis balls into the room. Once they finished, along came another group of fifth graders, then another, and another! I was shocked, sitting there with my mouth hanging open. Mrs. Carter said she and the fifth grade teachers like to play practical jokes on one another. Today, the same class toilet papered another teacher's room. It was a nice reminder that school doesn't always have to be serious.

I have added a picture of my Valentines because I am so excited about them!


No comments:

Post a Comment