...good teachers are priceless. They inspire you, they entertain you, and you end up learning a lot even when you don't know it.
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The World Has Suffered a Great Loss

I would first like to ask you to excuse my absence from blogging over the past month. I wrote my last blog just a few days before my Grandmother, Nancy, passed away suddenly. Three days ago, my Grandfather, Jerry, went to Heaven to be with her. Grandma passed away on Sunday, March 7th. She had struggled for many years with Emphysema and over the past year, she needed oxygen. Despite her ailment, Grandma continued to go on about her business, playing cards with her friends, attending church meetings, and going shopping. She was such a strong woman. That Sunday, she was having difficulty breathing. God decided that she didn't need to struggle with her breathing any long, so He called her home to be with Him. Her funeral was a beautiful celebration of her life and everything that she had done and believed in. The Monday after her funeral, my Grandfather fell ill. He remained in the hospital until he passed on Saturday, April 3rd. They were the true definition of soul mates. They did everything together. When people talked about them, it was never just Jerry or just Nancy. It was always, "Jerry and Nancy" or "Nancy and Jerry." Where you saw one, you could be sure the other was not far behind. "Til Death Do Us Part" was just not good enough for them. I know they are happy where they are now and they are together. I'm sure that none of us will soon forget them or how they effected our lives. I began this blog for Grandma because I knew that she always enjoyed hearing about what my cousins and I were doing at school. I felt this would be a great way to put my feelings into words and she could read it to keep up with everything that I was doing because I knew there would be too much to share and I would forget a lot of it.





Since then, I have begun my second placement in 2nd Grade. I think that Grandma was right there watching me the first day. She was guiding me through it and encouraging me the whole time. Yesterday, I went to school, despite the sadness I was feeling from the loss of Grandpa over the weekend. I think that day that they were both guiding me and telling me what to say. They will always be in my heart and I will carry them with me everywhere I go.





Thank you for taking the time to read my sad little blog today. I want to leave you with this message: Cherish what you have. Cherish every moment of it. You never know when you will get that phone call in the early hours of the morning. Know that God is with you and that He is the way through those tough times. Hold on to Him and His love.

On my wedding day.

Nancy 3/7/2010 Jerry 4/3/2010

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful tribute to your grandparents :) while i didn't have the pleasure of meeting them, nancy always commented on my facebook and it brought a :) to my face. i can tell they were deeply loved by your family and that they loved the Lord with all of their hearts! prayers to you all during this difficult time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so beautifully written. I don't even mind that I cried my way through it. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself: That is not an easy task. I love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete